Ghosting of Text box and picture on new tab in Excel 2013

mark hansen

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a macro running out of an Instructions worksheet with the macro in a module. It does four steps:
(1) unhide a worksheet (the template)
(2) copies that worksheet
(3) hides the worksheet and
(4) selects a cell on the new worksheet where they enter the students name

So I end up on a new worksheet ready to go. The problem the text box on the and the picture from the instruction sheet is "ghosting" on the new Tab. I use the term "ghosting" because if I go to the table of contents worksheet and back to the new worksheet, the text box and picture is gone. Additionally, I am in the new worksheet, because I can type on the sheet (under the picture from the instructions page) and it work fine, except I can't see it because the picture is over it.

When running on Excel 2010 it works without problems. I use the Sub all the time. But when running on XL 2013, I get the above behavior. I have tested this on two different PCs, running Xl 2013, one has Win 7 and the second has Win10

The code is:

Code:
Sub NewSheet()
'==========Create new Template worksheet============
 On Error Resume Next
 ' Application.EnableEvents = False
 With Sheet1
    .Visible = xlSheetVisible
    .Select
    .Copy Before:=Sheets("Template")
    .Visible = xlSheetHidden
 End With

Worksheets("Instructions").Range("L5").Value = "In Use"
Worksheets("Table of Contents").Range("P2").Value = "Needs Updating"

Range("H2").Select

MsgBox ("Enter Student name and Grade Level Assessed")

End Sub

Any suggestions,
Thanks,
Mark

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Mark,

I'm curious to see if you resolved this issue of tab 'ghosting' as you described. I am having a similar issue.

When I'm in [Sheet3] and hit a button I've set up to take the user to [Sheet1], then when there in [Sheet1] the user will perform various data entry (enter data in a cell and hit <tab> or <enter> or will also hit the <delete> key to delete data already in the current cell, etc.) a picture of only a section of [Sheet3] will appear on tab [Sheet1]. No actual data is being transferred from one tab to another, it is simply a faded screen shot of a different tab.

Usually this screen shot from [Sheet3] only flashes for a split second on the current view of [Sheet1], yet other times this screen shot will stay, thus blocking the view of some of the cells on [Sheet1]. It won't prevent me from keying in data into the actual cells in [Sheet1], you just can't see these cells.

If I simply <pgDn> then <PgUp>, the picture of the other tab disappears. Very strange.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back