Vlookup Table Dynamic range from other sheet of same workbook

querylal

I have two worksheet ThreshXHigh.xlsx and MasterSheet.xlsx in workbook called MasterSheet.xlsm

I want to perform vlookup in MasterSheet.xlsx work sheet in ColumnC. My Source cell is Column B of same MasterSheet.xlsx and Table to look up is in another sheet ThreshXhigh.xlsx cloumn B to U but row value has to be dynamic.

I wrote below code but now have to define "Master" table which gives me table range from ThreshXhigh.xlsx sheet (dynnamic). Can some one please suggest how to define same.

x = 2
While Cells(x, 1).Value <> ""
Cells(x, 3).Value = "=vlookup(B" & x & "& " & Chr(34) & "left(C1,1)" & Chr(34) & ",Master,5,false)"

x = x + 1
Wend

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I have two worksheet ThreshXHigh.xlsx and MasterSheet.xlsx in workbook called MasterSheet.xlsm

I want to perform vlookup in MasterSheet.xlsx work sheet in ColumnC. My Source cell is Column B of same MasterSheet.xlsx and Table to look up is in another sheet ThreshXhigh.xlsx cloumn B to U but row value has to be dynamic.

I wrote below code but now have to define "Master" table which gives me table range from ThreshXhigh.xlsx sheet (dynnamic). Can some one please suggest how to define same.

x = 2
While Cells(x, 1).Value <> ""
Cells(x, 3).Value = "=vlookup(B" & x & "& " & Chr(34) & "left(C1,1)" & Chr(34) & ",Master,5,false)"

x = x + 1
Wend

Column B (Sector Carrier as Header) Column C (0_CellReselection as Header)
078001_1 vlookup......
078001_1_2
078001_1_1

Cells(x, 3).Value = "=vlookup(B" & x & "& " & Chr(34) & "left(C1,1)" & Chr(34) & ",Master,8,false)"

what should i write to get result highlighted vlookup source cell (concatenation of row of column B value and first digit of Column C) that i get following format..078001_1_0,
078001_1_2_0?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back