Useing data from defferent workbook

emukiss10

Board Regular
Hello,

I have a little problem. I have a large statistic table in one WB and in a different WB references to the first one. When I open my second WB i see #ARG ! in every cell, but when I open both the values are displaying properly.

Can I somehow fix it so that values would be correct if only second WB was opened?

Best Regards
W.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
What are the formulas in the second workbook?

Upvote 0
Random cell -> (suma.warunków = sumifs)

=SUMA.WARUNKÓW([STAT.xlsm]Licznik!$T$2:$T$50000;[STAT.xlsm]Licznik!$R$2:$R$50000;$A$4;[STAT.xlsm]Licznik!$B$2:$B$50000;C$2;[STAT.xlsm]Licznik!$J$2:$J$50000;">="&"2017-09-01";[STAT.xlsm]Licznik!$J$2:$J$50000;"<="&"2017-09-30")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You seem to have omitted the important part - what function is being used? If it's a SUMIF(S)/COUNTIF(S) then they do not work with closed workbooks.

Upvote 0
Ok, so that would be the case I presume.. Can I somehow import data to the second WB? Mayby whole sheet with sums from which I made my formulas?

Upvote 0
Yes, there are many ways that could be done. Which version of Excel do you have?

Upvote 0
If you have the (free) Power Query add-in, you could use that to query the other workbook and bring all the data into a new sheet in your second workbook. If you don't you can use MSQuery to do the same thing, or you can use code to either import or simply copy the sheet.

Upvote 0
I use MS Office at work, so I cant add any feature nor install anything. My STAT WB is being updated very often and I need something to import data to my second WB. I do not want to open two files at the same time. Can you help?

Upvote 0
MSQuery should be installed by default so you should be able to use that as long as you want to import the entire worksheet. Use the Data - From other sources - From Microsoft Query option, then choose Excel Files* in the Database tab and browse to your file. (If you get a message about no visible tables, click the Options button and make sure that the System tables option is checked).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back