I'm not sure what's wrong/missing with my code

ctouchberry

I'm not sure what's wrong with my code. The loop in question "loops", but the TagRowCounter variable stops increasing at 318. This is right where part of the logic starts "working", or NOT working in this case.

What I'm trying to do is list Tag Numbers with their respective Rooms. Every Tag Number has a Room, and a Tag Number can only be associated with 1 Room. That "listing" part works perfectly.

What I'm having issues with is about the "Room, Room" values shown on the Component 2 attachment. Those Rooms need to be NOT listed, and also have the spot that would be occupied by them..by the next "Room" value. In this case, there's about 150-200 "Room, Room" values in a row that need to be skipped entirely. Unfortunately, I can't tell the program to skip certain lines, as the source content is fluid and will change. It has to be smart enough to figure it out without specific row numbers noted.

There's about 4500 rows to be listed after the "Room, Room" values stop, and this glitch is preventing those from being listed, as well as pausing the rest of the program.

I apologize for not having the screenshots shown better, I'm having issues getting the HTML Maker tool properly installed.

The single "Room" values that worked so far are shown in Component 1. The final results are listed on JCX. I have not attached a picture of the "not-listing" result on the JCX sheet, as it's just a blank cell.

JCX
https://imgur.com/a/3DZFm
Component 1
https://imgur.com/a/J3lvs
Component 2
https://imgur.com/a/SujzZ

Code:
'Tag Number and Room
Sheets("JCX").Range("A:CZ").<wbr>NumberFormat = "@"
i = 0
Do
    'Tag Number
        If Not InStr(Sheets("Component").<wbr>Cells(TagRowCounter + i, 5).Value, ",") > 0 Then
        Sheets("JCX").Cells(<wbr>TagRowCounter, 10).Value = Sheets("Component").Cells(<wbr>TagRowCounter + i, 1).Value
    'Room
        Sheets("JCX").Cells(<wbr>TagRowCounter, 9).Value = Sheets("Component").Cells(<wbr>TagRowCounter + i, 5).Value
        TagRowCounter = TagRowCounter + 1
    Else
        i = i + 1
    End If
Loop Until Sheets("Component").Cells(<wbr>TagRowCounter + i, 1) = False

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I tried your code and it seemed to work OK with a cut down data set. Having said that, I found the logic a little odd so perhaps you could try something like this:

Code:
Dim lastRow As Long
Dim thisRow As Long
Dim nextRow As Long

Sheets("JCX").Range("A:CZ").NumberFormat = "@"
lastRow = Sheets("Component").Cells(Sheets("Component").Rows.Count, 5).End(xlUp).Row
nextRow = 2
For thisRow = 2 To lastRow
    If InStr(Sheets("Component").Cells(thisRow, 5).Value, ",") = 0 Then
        Sheets("JCX").Cells(nextRow, 10).Value = Sheets("Component").Cells(thisRow, 1).Value
        Sheets("JCX").Cells(nextRow, 9).Value = Sheets("Component").Cells(thisRow, 5).Value
        nextRow = nextRow + 1
    End If
Next thisRow

WBD

Upvote 0
I replaced your Do/Loop Until with a For/Next loop based on the previously found last cell on the Component sheet.

WBD

Upvote 0
That worked perfectly!

And now there's another issue, haha.

For some reason, some of the Floors aren't being listed, I'm not sure why. Let me know if you need explanation on what I'm trying to do here.

JCX
https://imgur.com/a/NKH7c
Space
https://imgur.com/a/GfJ7C

Code:
'Floor
TagRowCounter = 2
Do
    Sheets("JCX").Cells(<wbr>TagRowCounter, 8).Value = Application.VLookup(Sheets("<wbr>Component").Cells(<wbr>TagRowCounter, 5), Sheets("Space").Range("A:E"), 5, 0)
    TagRowCounter = TagRowCounter + 1
Loop Until Sheets("Component").Cells(<wbr>TagRowCounter, 5) = False

Upvote 0
Tricky to say without the actual data (and not just a picture). Note that Excel may also interpret "1E17" as 100,000,000,000,000,000 which is probably why there are green triangles in the upper right portion. Most logical reason is that the cell contents don't match exactly causing the #N/A error.

WBD

Upvote 0
This is a new question; I suggest you create a new post as there are users who can deal with this better than I can.

WBD

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessbob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back