Fastest way to determine simply if a part is on more than one worksheet

Jeffrey Green

I have 400,000 Unique parts, from all countries on 1 tab.
I have 12 other tabs, one for each country with a unique list of parts for that country.
Some parts are in more than one country. maybe one other country, maybe 5.
All of my tabs for each country as a named range for its unique parts, US, MX, etc.
What i did was left the unique list of 400,000 in Column A and i put the individual countries across row 1.
Now i need to know how best to simply identify if a part in Col A is on any or all of the countries across the top.

I thought about doing a COUNTIF for each part in each country, but that sounds painfully tedious. Each part, IF it exists, will only exist once.

Would MATCH be a better way? I just want an indication if the part in column A exists, period, in the other 12 tabs.

thanks

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
This looks like one of those situations where having ALL your data on ONE single sheet, instead of 12, would make like much simpler.
Many people in similar situations are convinced they MUST have one tab per country, or one tab per region, or one tab per year, or one tab per person, and so on, and it just isn't necessary most of the time.

MATCH or COUNTIF would both work I think, but as you say they would be tedious to set up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back