Days until the next date

Evremonde

Hello All:

I need some code. I have 40 cells that may/may not contain dates. Range is H19:H38 and I19:I38. Here is my need via example. If H19 has a date and I19 is empty, I need to know how many days (based on the current date) until the date in H20. If H19 and I19 have dates and If H20 has a date and I20 is empty, I need to know how many days until the date in H21. Range H19:H38 are planned task dates. I19:I38 are actual task completion dates. The cells in the range H19:H38 may contain a dates (sequentially) in all 20 cells or some number less than 20 cells (task may take 20 steps to complete or some number less than 20 steps). For every date entered in H19:H38, a date should eventually be placed on the same row in the range I19:I38. Output should be in B44. The code must work in several tabs but not all tabs. Thank you for the assistance

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back