First day of each week in a quarter

mossdrive

I am looking for some help on creating a formula that will return the first day of each week in a quarter based on the current year and eliminating holidays. Each returned value would be populated in the header of each column. Quarters are as follows:
Q1 01-Jan31-Mar
Q2 01-Apr30-Jun
Q3 01-Jul30-Sep
Q401-Oct31-Dec

<colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

I am not really sure where to start with this so I don't have an example formula to share at this point. :confused:
Thanks very much! :)

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
OK, I have been playing with this and I think I'm almost there.

=WORKDAY(EOMONTH(DATE(E3,1,1),-1),1) gives me the first day of the current year where E3 contains the current year
=WORKDAY(EOMONTH(G3,2),-1) gives me the last day of the third month (Q1)
=WORKDAY(EOMONTH($G$3,-1), 1,DATEDATA!$B$10:$B19) gives me the first "workday" after the first day of the year excluding holidays which are contained on a different sheet at $B$10:$B19

This all works how I want it. Where I am stuck is getting the first day of each subsequent week after the first workday excluding the holidays I have defined. I have tried =WORKDAY(EOMONTH($G$3,-1), 5,DATEDATA!$B$10:$B19) incrementing the number of days by 5 but this doesn't work as it doesn't account for any missing days this way due to holidays. glad of any assistance :)
Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Wondering if anyone has ideas on the question above, or am I missing some information needed in order to give an answer? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Cross posted https://www.excelguru.ca/forums/sho...day-of-each-week-in-a-year-excluding-holidays

Cross-Posting
While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back