how to compare data from two seperate columsn in two seperate sheets when the data isn't an exact match

rholdren

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
First let me say that I get a little better with Excel almost daily by searching this board. The people on here are fantastic and all the help is greatly appreciated.

I ran into a unique problem that to me is just mind boggling a small problem I can't fix regardless of the what I do but it should work.

We have two ticketing systems at work. The first system anybody in the company can open up and once they do a triage takes place. If the ticket belongs to a certain system it is input into another system with its own ticket. The ticket numbers do no match and the descriptions can get a little lengthy. There is usually one or two key words in the description fields that match but not entirely. is there a way to have Excel read a cell in a column (say column A of worksheet 1) and have it read all the cells in column b on sheet 2 and compare the words in each description and if it finds ne or more matching words show a possible link in column X on sheet 1? I don't even know where to start on this.

The small problem that no matter what I do won't work. I have tried everything in this board and everything I can find on the net and no matter what I do I can't get userform1 to launch when the file is opened. For me it's not a problem to launch the form from VB but I don't want my users to have to launch from VB then Project Explorer then load the form then click on run. Is it possible that I have a setting I'm unaware of that is preventing this?

Sorry about doubling up. sometimes I get carried away and just can't stop.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back