Auto Fill Problem

wayne0881

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All -

I have a spreadsheet which is based on the english premier league.

In cell C4 and E4 is where I type in the scores for Team 1 (Arsenal) and I paste this formula into F4 with some conditional formatting

<e4,"lose",if(c4=e4,"draw")))< td=""></e4,"lose",if(c4=e4,"draw")))<>=IF(C4>E4,"WIN",IF(C4<E4,"LOSE",IF(C4=E4,"DRAW")))<e4,"lose",if(c4=e4,"draw")))< td=""></e4,"lose",if(c4=e4,"draw")))<>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Conditional Formatting:
if cell is "WIN" colour is green
if cell is "DRAW" colour is yellow
if cell is "LOSE" colour is red

My problem I have is when I repeat the above process for cells C5 and E5 I would like the W/D/L in F5 to appear automatically which it used to do - but now it doesn't??? i've looked at using the fill option and the auto fill drop down box but I have no idea what I have done to stop this from working.

With playing around with it whilst I write this thread I did get it to work again - but now it doesn't for a second time;)

** any ideas welcome **

I will update if I accidentally fix it

Last edited:

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Hi All -

I have a spreadsheet which is based on the english premier league.

In cell C4 and E4 is where I type in the scores for Team 1 (Arsenal) and I paste this formula into F4 with some conditional formatting

IF(C4 > E4, "WIN", IF(C4 < E4, "LOSE", "DRAW"))

Conditional Formatting:
if cell is "WIN" colour is green
if cell is "DRAW" colour is yellow
if cell is "LOSE" colour is red

My problem I have is when I repeat the above process for cells C5 and E5 I would like the W/D/L in F5 to appear automatically which it used to do - but now it doesn't??? i've looked at using the fill option and the auto fill drop down box but I have no idea what I have done to stop this from working.

With playing around with it whilst I write this thread I did get it to work again - but now it doesn't for a second time;)

** any ideas welcome **

I will update if I accidentally fix it

ftfy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When it is "not working", what do you see in Cell F5? (I assume it's a blank cell?)

If you click into that cell, what is appearing up in the 'Fx' bar?

Upvote 0
It's a blank cell when it "IS" and "ISN'T" working - I got it to work again just now for one team but not others, turns out copying and pasting doesn't work. I have no idea what I am doing to get it to work though :confused:

Upvote 0
when i drag down the F5 column then backspace up to where I need it be it used to work - If i how ever use the delete button that kills it.

Im thinking I need to drag down the F5 column but some how get the spreadsheet to remember the formula even though the cell is blank???

Upvote 0
Ok - so I think I have done it by using the auto fill without formatting option

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back