COUNT How many people are scheduled to take calls

javijuan

I am working on a form that calculates how many people are scheduled to take phone calls at any given time.

I have a cell with NOW()-INT(NOW()) to give me the current time...

I also have a list in another sheet (secret) with the roster (Name, Line of Business, dates (M,T,W,J,F...), start time, stop time and where they seat)

I use this formula:

=SUM(COUNTIFS(secret!D:D,"<="&$U$18,secret!E:E,">="&$U$18,secret!F:F,"*M*",secret!C:C,"LOB",secret!G:G,"PB"))

The formula compares the start time with the current time (to see if the start time is less tan the current time) and then compares the stop time with current time to see if they should still be here. Then it checks if today is M (Monday), what Line of business and the quad where they sit.

If everything checks out on a single row it should count it.

The issue is that when I run it it always gives me a value.. but is always less than the actual headcount, which should be the other way around since this is not taking in consideration absent people.

I also run some more generic numbers.. like how many people are scheduled to be here at this time... no matter where they sit or their line of business, which gives me a higher number but I still dont know if they are accurate.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back