Business Forecasting tool with Dynamic Dates.....HELP!!!!

Mark McInerney

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I am trying to build a cash flow forecasting tool. I have revenue that comes into a business on the nth day of certain months - this data is captured on the right hand side of the table below.

in the data below as an example, on the (Dynamic Date) 1st of Jan thru Dec the revenue table states what comes in each month regardless of the year.

My formula is working fine but I am having trouble ONLY when the year changes. In the example below you can see nothing populates, when I expect €1,505 to be the result.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
130/12/2018JANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDECDYNAMIC DATE
25/1/2019123456789101112
3=IF(AND(DATEVALUE(CONCATENATE(N3,"/",B2,"/",YEAR(A1)))>=(A1-1),DATEVALUE(CONCATENATE(N3,"/",B2,"/",YEAR(A1)))<A2),B3,0)1505200030001000120015001260130014001500160017001

<tbody>
</tbody>

I'm not certain if the table illustrates it properly - if anyone can advise as to how to insert a screen scrape I can forward.

The actual formula is :

=IF(AND(DATEVALUE(CONCATENATE($GE$12,"/",$FP$7,"/",YEAR(DC6)))>=(DC6-1),DATEVALUE(CONCATENATE($GE$12,"/",$FP$7,"/",YEAR(DC6)))<DC7),$FP$12,0)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best - Mark.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hi Mark,
I'm trying to understand your issue, but in your example you only have info for 1 year, right?
-So basically your money would come in on january 1st, february 1st etc (or 2nd, 3rd, whatever you put in dynamic date)?
-And than you'd like to add up all the amounts that are between the dates in A1 and A2?
-Is there data for various years or do you just have 12 numbers representing multiple years?
Hope you can help us a bit with some details.
Thanks,
Koen

Upvote 0
Hi Koen,

Thank you for taking the time to review my post - appreciated.

Is it possible for me to insert a screen scrape on this message board?

Upvote 0
Hi Mark,
nope, check out my signature for an excel-to-html tool or use dropbox/google drive.
Koen

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back