amcmlt

Board Regular
I am working on a chart that gives the user the option to include or exclude weekends in the forecasting of a project. Have not been able to write the formula correctly for the option to include the weekends.

The design is simple: User places a "x" in a cell on worksheet #1 , if they want to include weekends in the forecast. If excluded, the cell is left blank. Chart is on worksheet #2 . The formula that I wrote and is not functioning correctly is:

=IF('Entry Sheet'!C19="",Workday($E$6,0,Holidays),IF('Entry Sheet'!C19="x",Workday($E6,0,Holidays)))

The option to exclude weekends & holidays works correctly.

Thank you for your efforts!

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hello,

In order to include weekends and holidays ... your formula should simply be B2-A2 (end start - start date)

HTH

Upvote 0
Thanks but I think I have a bigger mess that I originally thought. I will try to detail my current situation:

Building a chart that is intended to show time slots for various task in a manufacturing process. Each task is listed in column C, Task duration is listed in Column D as HR:MM, Start time column E is to be entered by the User, Column F is the calculated End time of a specific task, column G is the Start Date of the task which is also entered by the User, column H is the calculated End Date of the task. Row 9 Columns I through AC as dates listed as Start Date and moves out 20 days. Dates are formatted at Friday, October 9, 2018. Rows 11-22 columns I-AC are to display with a X and color from Conditional Formatting, days which production will take place. I am using the Weekdays formula but am having no success writing a formula that will see the dates listed in Row 9 Columns I - AC, and place an "X" in the proper cell based on days of production and whether the User wants weekends included in the graph. I hope this is detailed and logical for a response.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Hello again,

Not sure to fully understand ...

Should you need to exclude Weekends with the Weekday() function, you could test following:

Code:
=MOD(WEEKDAY(A1,3),7)<5

will produce a TRUE / FALSE for any value in cell A1 ... (FALSE = Saturday or Sunday )

Hope this will help

Upvote 0
Thank you for your input! I have not found the solution to the Gantt chart reflecting the task dates (start / end dates) issue but will continue working on the solution.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Regarding a Gantt chart, everything can be handled with conditional formatting ...

For example, Start Date in cell A2 - End date in cell B2 - and then your headers in Row 1 starting in Column D,

the formula for conditional formatting would be :

Code:
=(D$1>=$A2)*(D$1<=$B2)

Hope this will help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back