Count of data between 2 dynamic dates

dmfweb

Office Version
  1. 365
If I have a large amount of data (ticket volume) and need to know how many tickets were created between 0-30 days ago, 31-60 days ago, 61 - 90 days ago, and 90+ is there an easy way to do with a pivot table or do I need to change the date filter by 30 days and copy and paste the data for each chunk?

IDEALLY.... I would love to have it done somewhat dynamically so when I pull the data weekly I wouldn't have to do so much manual work.

Thank you so much in advance.

--David

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I have an option for you to choose your date range:

Excel Workbook
ABCDE
1DateTickets Sold
212/19/201850Start Date1/15/2019
31/1/201920End Date2/15/2019
41/15/201965
51/30/201988Sum values between dates
62/2/201922395
72/15/2019220
811/19/2018100
Sheet1

Upvote 0
I am not a big fan of pivot tables. I use preformatted tables with formulas. I won't go into too much why.

When I have to repeat a report table over many times, All I have to do is copy my new report (database from SAP or other sources) and replace the old one. The formulas automatically adjust for the new number of rows because I use Dynamic named ranges for each column of data. SUMIFS and COUNTIFS are perfect for this. A simple COUNTIFS for your 61-90 days would be:
=Countifs(TicketDateCol,"<"&D1-60,TicketDateCol,">"&D1-91)
Where Cell D1 contains the date you want to compare. It could simply be today's date all the time.

Once I have the final format of my table I don't have to worry about it changing. It also can be more dynamic than a pivot table. Obviously there is some up front cost in terms of time, but the time savings in the future is dramatic.

Jeff

Upvote 0
I am not a big fan of pivot tables. I use preformatted tables with formulas. I won't go into too much why.

When I have to repeat a report table over many times, All I have to do is copy my new report (database from SAP or other sources) and replace the old one. The formulas automatically adjust for the new number of rows because I use Dynamic named ranges for each column of data. SUMIFS and COUNTIFS are perfect for this. A simple COUNTIFS for your 61-90 days would be:
=Countifs(TicketDateCol,"<"&D1-60,TicketDateCol,">"&D1-91)
Where Cell D1 contains the date you want to compare. It could simply be today's date all the time.

Once I have the final format of my table I don't have to worry about it changing. It also can be more dynamic than a pivot table. Obviously there is some up front cost in terms of time, but the time savings in the future is dramatic.

Jeff

Thank you!! Finally an easy solution that just works.

--David

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back