Pivot Tabel Assistance - Subtotal/Move text column to end of table

legento

Hello,

Help is appreciated;

I need to show a text column in a pivot table as the last column of the pivot table as it comprises notes on the information in the pivot.

In my attempts, i managed to move the text by creating a calculated field 'measure' for the column turning it into a values field. In doing so the subtotal function for the all the other value fields no longer work. Also it would show a value column for all the concatenated data

Please could you help me with;

a.) moving a 'row' to display after the values fields on a pivot table

or

b.) removing the subtotal function from a specific calculated field

or

c.) Create my own subtotal formula that will only sum certain of the value columns.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
A)You can't.
You can use a trick where you have another Pivot Table next to your original one, and using the Slicers to connect the filtering behavior and hidden rows, you can accomplish what you desire.

B) Subtotal, in a regular Pivot Table will apply to all values. It can be accomplished using PowerPivot/DAX measures.
C) Again, PowerPivot/DAX. The PP/DAX side gives much finer control over the calculations in a Pivot Table. It also opens the door to Cube formulas which can provide some additional flexibility.

PowerPivotPro, Rob Colie's website, provides good overall view of PowerPivot and even some specific lessons.
ExcelIsFun on YouTube, by Mike Girvin, is an excellent long-lesson resource.

Yes, there is a learning curve for PowerPivot. I'm still on the lower end my elf, but know it is a powerful and very useful knowledge to gain.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back