Help with entering data in one workbook and updating data in another workbook automatically without opening the 2nd workbook

Thread: Help with entering data in one workbook and updating data in another workbook automatically without opening the 2nd workbook
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help with entering data in one workbook and updating data in another workbook automatically without opening the 2nd workbook

So I have a main sheet where I enter all the data and it asks how many receipts I want printed
    The receipts are in another workbook. How do I update the receipt workbook with the new data entered in the main sheet automatically

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Help with entering data in one workbook and updating data in another workbook automatically without opening the 2nd workbook

Quote Originally Posted by Ivn68 View Post
    So I have a main sheet where I enter all the data and it asks how many receipts I want printed
    The receipts are in another workbook. How do I update the receipt workbook with the new data entered in the main sheet automatically
    You need to state what you want to happen in terms of copy/paste, do math on specific cells, edit text of specific cells, etc. "Update" tells us nothing about what you want the code or formula to do.
    Using Windows 10, Excel 2013.
    Any code provided by me should be tested on a copy or a mock-up of your file before applying it to your original file. Some actions generated by VBA code cannot be reversed with the undo facility in Excel. To open the VB editor, press Alt + F11. To run code from the Excel window, press Alt + F8. Please do not attempt to learn everything about VBA in one thread, especially from me. See this link for attaching images: Attachments

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Help with entering data in one workbook and updating data in another workbook automatically without opening the 2nd workbook

I the main sheet I enter data like name number
    On the receipt workbook I want the data entered on the active workbook.sheet to be in the same so when I print the receipt it has the current info

Some videos you may like

User Tag List