Conditional lookups based on other cells

Dzander

Hi guys,
I'm completely stumped by getting this formula right, Basically i have a rejects sheet with preventable and unpreventable rejects in it.
I need to have the number of rejects on the condition they are preventable. The data has column A with the sales persons name and in column H "was it preventable" I would like to have a table that summarises the list to be:

Sales person | # of preventable errors
Joe Bloggs
peter Smit

The names would be populated in column A, but i need to know the number of jobs that have been rejected per person. for example for Joe Bloggs there might be 10 jobs rejected but only 5 of them are listed as preventable, so the result would be 5

Any help with this would be great as it's driving me crazy!! :eek:

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
If you just want a list that shows the people who had preventable errors, and how many. I would use a pivot table.

If you want a list of all people, and those with 0 errors to show 0, you could add a concatenated column to the end of your data that concatenates the user name and the preventable detail from column 'H'. Then, make a list of all the user names and to get the number of preventable errors, do a 'countif' on your new concatenation column eg countif(mynewcolumn, username&"yes") - assuming column H says 'Yes' for those that were preventable.

Upvote 0
If you want a list of all people, and those with 0 errors to show 0, you could add a concatenated column to the end of your data that concatenates the user name and the preventable detail from column 'H'. Then, make a list of all the user names and to get the number of preventable errors, do a 'countif' on your new concatenation column eg countif(mynewcolumn, username&"yes") - assuming column H says 'Yes' for those that were preventable.

This is great thanks heaps, I think it's a great way of doing it, but i love it!!! :) I'm trying not to use too many pivot tables as they get far to chunky and annoying without adding much value! :) so this is a great solution! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back