Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Forms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see in the VB help that it says every form comes with a "Maximize, Minimize and Close" button. Mine don't. I have the close button but I would really like the minimize and maximize. Am I missing something. Can anyone help clue me in. Im using excel 2000.

Thanks in advance...
    DaK

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-23 12:59, DaK wrote:
    I see in the VB help that it says every form comes with a "Maximize, Minimize and Close" button. Mine don't. I have the close button but I would really like the minimize and maximize. Am I missing something. Can anyone help clue me in. Im using excel 2000.

Thanks in advance...
    DaK
    Where in help did you see that? You cant even adjust the size of the forms realtime unless you write code to do it. (its awkward, but it can work)

Even excels forms dont allow maximize or adjustments. Lool at tool|options for example.

In fact I dont even think I have ever seen an excel form where you can max/min or adjust.

[ This Message was edited by: John McGraw on 2002-04-23 13:10 ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On userforms you mean? Yeah, the minimise and maximise buttons don't come "as standard" on a typical userform. You have to put them there yourself.

Have at look at my post here:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtop...c=1005&forum=2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UserForm Window

Allows you to create the windows or dialog boxes in your project. You draw and view controls on a form.

While you are designing a form:

Each form window has a Maximize, Minimize, and Close button.

You can view the form grid and determine the size of the gridlines from the General tab of the Options dialog box.

Use the buttons in the Toolbox to draw controls on the form. You can set your controls to align with the grid of your form from the General tab of the Options dialog box.

I copied and pasted this straight from the excel vb help files (there is a picture between the title and main body but it did not copy). You will notice that is says "Each form window has a Maximize, Minimize, and Close button."

Now I may be wrong, but it looks like it says that user forms have a min and max as well as the close.

Any thoughts anyone.

DaK

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Form window is the window in the development evironment which contains the form, not the form itself.
    I suppose.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that is correct. From the help file, it seems to be talking about the form itself.

DaK

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others