Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Refreshing Formulas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I export data to Excel and then copy that data to another spreadsheet. Various formulas and graphs are referencing that data. When I put new data in, the formula cells and graphs don't refresh automatically. If I open a cell and save it refreshes. Anybody know of a way to get it to refresh automatically?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you tried the excel help topic "Refresh external data"? i think this bit is what you are after:
    " You can refresh an external data range automatically when you open the workbook, and optionally save the workbook without saving the external data, so that the workbook file size is reduced. On the External Data toolbar, click Data Range Properties ,
    and then select the Refresh data on file open check box. To save the workbook with the query definition but without the external data, select the Remove external data from worksheet before saving check box."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found it. Tools > Options > Calculation > Automatic

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ho

Use the button refresh external data thats ODBC links and will rip new good live data as a posed to odd bad data, live data is always best if poss before i get shot again, bad dat i class as out of date - but thats job specific, with me seconds count in finance world so always refresh and data hungry.

I prefer to avoid auto updates as i like to command when i want data = so i refesh when i want, even calculation is manual so i havethe power to get as i want, worthy point the bigger the sheets more data and caculations the worst it gets.

HTH

Free Excel based Web Toolbar available here.

Jack in the UK
    J & R Excel Solutions
    "making Excel work for you"

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others