email alert when date is getting close to expiring

Shinault89

OK, I have expiration dates in cells B3:B100 when TODAY hits that expiration day that cell turns red, in cells C3:C100 there is a Expiration day -30, when TODAY hits -30 days from expiration day that cell turns pink. I want to receive an "alert notice" via email when C3:C100 turns pink. i.e. i want a email sent to me 30 days before expiration day.

Thanks,

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Do you open that Excel file everyday? We can send email via Excel but to check your expiration date you nee to have the file open.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No I don't, that is the problem I have some paper work that expires at different times and I need to update each one as they expire. But I don't open this file every day. Hardly ever.

Upvote 0
I am not sure about if Windows task scheduler can open/close the file for you. Have never tried it. Other wise a server-based application can be good idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I get in when one of the documents exp. and I add the date of the new doc exp. but that is the only scenario i get in for. it is literally a sheet to keep these docs from expiring.

Upvote 0
I can fix something that looks for expiry date and send alert emails to you via Outlook but the Excel file needs to be opened or get opened by some other system. Is that something we should go for?

Upvote 0
I'm looking to see if that may be something I can do with G sheets. I can set up the Windows task if I can't get sheets to work with it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back