Power Pivot 2013 Sorting/ Grouping issue when collapsed

Emkretsch

Hello, & thank you for any help you may offer! I tried to search the forum but could not find an answer to my issue.

I have a powerpivot table from my data model with 6 columns, & (currently) 2 filters (wanting to add a 3rd but need to figure out the relationships- different issue). 3 of the columns are Values (count, count, & sum). I can not get it to sort/filter/group the way I need it to. I also can't get a picture to post on this.

So I will try to explain what I have vs. what I need.
Pivottable:
Filters: Division & Name (Name pulled from different source in model. All other fields are pulled from another single source in the model)
Columns: Values
Rows: Unique ID, Name, & TM Inv
Values: Customer Count (count), Inv Count (count), & Total Inv $ (Sum)

There are multiple Uniq ID's (Column B) that have more than 1 Name (so more than 1 row), but never the same name more than once on a single Uniq ID. Some have a Y in TM Inv field (Column D) & some don't. Each Uniq ID has a Customer Count, Inv Count, & Total Inv $ in the Value columns E, F, & G.

I want the default sort to be: Unique ID by Total Inv $ no matter how it is expanded/collapsed/ or filtered.
Right now when expanded, it is sorted as: Uniq ID and then by Total Inv $.

With the name field after the Uniq ID field, the Total Inv $'s are skewed when all fields are collapsed, because more than 1 name can be associated to a Uniq ID. So when collapsed, the repeated counts shown on each Name, now sum to give new totals when collapsed. The Uniq ID only has one Customer count, Inv Count, & Inv Total, no matter how many names. It should show the same 3 totals on each name. The Counts are tied to the Unique ID. The grouping feature is grayed out on all fields, so that is not an option.

So how do I set this up to sort the way I need it to? It currently filters fine, but I can't figure out how to sort when collapsed as Unique ID by Total Inv $, without the Uniq ID's that have multiple names, adding the Customer Counts, Inv Counts, & Total Inv $ fields together when collapsed. When collapsed, I need the counts & totals to be the same, not summed.
Examples:
With all fields expanded, even those with multiple names, everything shows correctly with the same Cust Count, Inv Count, & Total Inv $ for each Name & Uniq ID:
Unique ID: Name: TM Inv: Cust Count: Inv Count: Total Inv $:
123456789 Bob Smith Y 6 3 $430.49
Jane Jones Y 6 3 $430.49
987654321 Bob Smith 3 1 $399.62

But when collapsed it incorrectly shows this:
123456789 12 6 $860.98
987654321 3 1 $399.62

I need it to show this when collapsed:
123456789 6 3 $430.49
987654321 3 1 $399.62

I hope this makes some kind of sense. If not, I'm sorry to have wasted your time.
Thank you for any help!!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back