2010/2013 Incompatibility

DannyDont

I hope someone can help. I have a rather extensive VBA "program" that runs fine in Excel 2000 and 2010. But when run using all the same components, Excel 2013 hangs and needs to be cancelled by Task Manager. The one time that I did get it to run, I set breakpoints at different points in the code. I have not really finished all of the testing I would like to do, but thought that someone might have the answer before I go through all of that. I did not provide any code as it is rather large and it does not seem to be any specific line of code as it did run the one time with the breakpoints.
This one has me stumped. I have used this forum previously to find answers and find this to be the most helpful. This is, however, my first post.
DannyDont@GMail.Com
Dan F
I am happy to provide the code should someone request it. Just don't laugh at my coding techniques :)

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I hope someone can help. I have a rather extensive VBA "program" that runs fine in Excel 2000 and 2010. But when run using all the same components, Excel 2013 hangs and needs to be cancelled by Task Manager. The one time that I did get it to run, I set breakpoints at different points in the code. I have not really finished all of the testing I would like to do, but thought that someone might have the answer before I go through all of that. I did not provide any code as it is rather large and it does not seem to be any specific line of code as it did run the one time with the breakpoints.
This one has me stumped. I have used this forum previously to find answers and find this to be the most helpful. This is, however, my first post.
DannyDont@GMail.Com
Dan F
I am happy to provide the code should someone request it. Just don't laugh at my coding techniques :)

I have narrowed the problem down to the Print Preview in the process. If I remove the code to execute Print Preview it runs to completion. This is the second issue I have run into with the Print Preview. The other one is that it does not allow you to see more than the first page even though there are buttons that say "Next" and "Previous". Wait a minute, I will go dig out the way I invoke Print Preview ... OK, I am back now. The code is below. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
===============================
If SL_Pref_Print_Preview = "YES" Then 'Preview Requested
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview 'Then do it
End If
===============================
I see that my formatting or the code did not copy into the Forum but you see what I am doing.
Thanks,
DannyDont@GMail.Com
Dan F.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back