2010 Holiday Form - Formula Help

Hello,

I am currently creating an annual leave formula for the company I work in and I need help.

I have created 4 headings

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 195pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=260><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 51pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2486" width=68><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=3 width=64><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: red; WIDTH: 51pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl78 height=20 width=68>Holiday</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: red; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl78 width=64>Lieu</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: red; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl78 width=64>Sick</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: red; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl78 width=64>Other</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And I need to create a drop down list containing; Holiday: All Day, Holiday: Half Day AM, Holiday: Half Day PM, Lieu Day: All Day, Lieu Day: Half Day AM, Lieu Day: Half Day PM, Sick, Other: All Day, Other: Half Day AM, Other: Half Day PM.

I know how to create the drop down list but I need to create a value for the Days, ex. Holiday: Half Day AM. would equal 0.5 when selected from the list and show as 0.5 under the Holiday column.

And when I select Other: All Day, it would equal 1.0 under the Other Column.

Can someone please help me on resolving this issue as I have created my spreadsheet but am unable to get past this stage.

I appreciate any forthcoming help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. :confused:

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Excel Workbook
I
18half day am
Days per month

I have a dropdown with my keywords, and the value 1 or 0.5 will display according to whats showing in the dropdown

Upvote 0
Excel Workbook
I
Days per month

This works as well, formula in I28 and dragged along. The cell references are to where my list is

Upvote 0
Excel Workbook
IJKL
26holidaysicklieuother
27All Daysick amAll Day
Days per month

ooops forgot to copy my table lol

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back