A1 reference inside RC formula?

Elysium4Eternity

Hello, I'm currently working on a line of code where I need to reference in A1 style inside a RC formula.

Code:
If Range("F" & i).Value = "" Then    For j = 2 To 4001 Step 4
    Range("L" & i).FormulaR1C1 = "=((rc[-2]-r[-2]c[-2])*("AH14")*24)/1000)*rc[-6]"
    Next j

The cell AH14 is the one I want to refer to, but this gives me an error. Is there a way to solve this?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Yes I understand that, but that line of code is inside another loop where the position changes from where u are referring from.

Upvote 0
You need to be a bit clearer. You will be able to do what you want but only in either A1 or RC. You cant mix them.

Upvote 0
Full sub:

Code:
Sub Financiël_Gevel()

Dim i As Long
Dim j As Long
Dim k As Long

For i = 4 To 4001 Step 4

If Range("F" & i).Value = "" Then
For j = 2 To 4001 Step 4
Range("L" & i).FormulaR1C1 = "=(((rc[-2]-r[2]c[-2])*Range("AH14")*24)/1000)*rc[-6]"
Next j

Else:
For k = 2 To 4001 Step 4
Range("L" & i).FormulaR1C1 = "=(((rc[-2]-r[2]c[-2])*Range("AH14")*24)/1000)*r[2]c[-6]"
Next k

End If

Next i

End Sub

What I'm trying to do is checking if there is a value in the 4th cell of the F column, and extending this to row 4001. If there is no value in that cell then the code needs to calculate on value X in the F column and put the answer in the 2nd row L column. If there is a value in the 4th cell of the F column, the calculation needs to be executed with value Y in the F column. I hope this makes any sense...

Upvote 0
If AH14 is fixed, as appears to be the case, you can just use R14C34 as Steve said earlier.

Upvote 0
Glad we could help. :)

Upvote 0
I'm still fairly new to using RC, but I get this now. This does the job, thanks!
For future reference, since FormulaR1C1 is a text string, you can let VB figure out the R1C1 address for you. If you are getting the "AH14" address from an outside source as that text string, then (using one of your code lines for example purposes) you could do it this way...
Code:
[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
	[td]Range("L" & i).FormulaR1C1 = "=(((rc[-2]-r[2]c[-2])*" & Range("AH14").Address(, , xlR1C1) & "*24)/1000)*rc[-6]"[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
If, on the other hand, you have a Range variable that is being set to cell AH14 earlier in the code, let's say that variable is named Rng, then you could do it this way...
Code:
[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
	[td]Range("L" & i).FormulaR1C1 = "=(((rc[-2]-r[2]c[-2])*" & Rng.Address(, , xlR1C1) & "*24)/1000)*rc[-6]"[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwine77

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back