Access 2007 Help With Combo Box

tjb123

I am relatively new at building Access 2007 databases and would like your help in answering two particular questions. I was so glad to find this message board.

I have a simple database to track individuals participation in multiple volunteer programs throughout the year. Individuals all have a unique id, information is listed in one table and there is one form for data entry. One of the primary functions of the database is to record an individuals total time commitment over the year. As individuals volunteer more hours, they qualify for increasing appreciation awards which we also track in the database.

Each event has a check box (to record participation in that event) and an hourly box (to calculate total time volunteered for that event). When we have an event, we check off the individual's participation box, update the hourly field associated with that event and then manually update the individual's total hours volunteered box.

Question 1: Is there an effective way to have the total hours box be self calculating. That is, can that box automatically calculate the hours of all events and return the sum to the total volunteer hour field? I have read online and cannot figure how to accurately do that.

Question 2: Each of our award levels have unique names. I tried to build a combo box to ease data entry for this field. When I use the combo box I built and make a change to an individuals record, it changes the field for every record in the database.

Any help you can send my way will be really, greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dizze90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back