Access 2010 printing problems

Puuuuma

My company is finally switching to office 2010 and I'm in charge of testing all of our macros and reports.

I've got all the data working, but now I'm having a formatting problem. This is a computer that is used only for testing, so there are no printers installed on it. The report is designed to use all of 10.5 inches in landscape. The print margins (in page setup) are coming up as 0.25 on the left and 0.583 on the right. When I try to adjust the right one back to 0.25, as soon as I tab out of the field, it goes back to .583. Additionally, even though it's set to landscape, it comes out portrait (and it looks like it's been stretched). It has always printed them out as .snp files, we then email these reports to senior managers (their pants are very fancy and so the reports have to look good)

Things that I have tried:
1. changing the paper type around and playing the the margins, but it only makes the stretching worse when it flips to portrait
2. I even tried changing the design of the form to cut off .333 of an inch, but then it still prints 2x the number of pages, but that next page is just blank.
3. Searching the internets for an answer

ANY suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
page setup for reports depends on the printer ... set up your drivers on your test machine even if it can't print :)

Upvote 0
Thank you so much Crystal! That worked for the print margins, and now the reports are printing on 1 page. But it's still stretching it into portrait - do you happen to have any equally brilliant suggestions for that?

Upvote 0
Nevermind Crystal - I just changed the report output to PDF and it fixed it. Thanks again for your help, and I will have an awesome day!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back