Active X Control - rclick menu

AlexanderBB

Hi, I've some active X controls which have taken on odd behaviour.
They are label and combo box controls. As I mouse over them the cursor becomes a 4 pointed thing
whether I go to design mode, or not. There's no dropdown action. A right click shows a different menu to the expected one
starting Cut, Copy, Paste Options (like a r-click anywhere but with a Shapes dialog).

If I made a new ActiveX control it behaves itself and has the correct r-click menu.

Ant idea why/what is happening? And can I fix these or do I need to delete and make new ones?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Jaafar Tribak

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have experienced this problem many times before specially after enduring an excel crash (when testing some code)
The only fix I know of is to delete the control(s) and create a new one.

Can you not use Form controls instead of activex ?

AlexanderBB

Actually in trying to sort this I only became aware that Form Controls existed, but couldn't figure how to set properties like size, left, top, font etc.
So I think I *need* Active X controls. They in a sort of Line 1 banner (where width/backcolor differs from the rest of the sheet).
Thanks for replying... I'll set about remaking them all. Hopefully they'll stay that way this time !

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lenaf

This Week's Hot Topics