Add-in tab not appearing Excel 2007

Mr Actuary

The Add-in tab is not appearing on my toolbar, even though I have activated multiple Add-ins. Any thoughts anyone??

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
What addins do you have? The add-in Tab will only appear if those add-ins are coded to put items on to this Ribbon Tab, or add CommandBar objects.

If you'd expect functions, then perhaps your security settings are set too high and it's not executing the code on installation to add them?

Those are the things that come imemdiately to mind.

Regards
Adam

Upvote 0
welcome to the forum, what do you mean the add-in tab doesn't appear.

In excel 2007 to activate add ins you need to select the office button go down to options at the right and then select Add ins on the left from there at the bottom you can then deal with add ins, but you more than likely wont get an extra tab unless you have created something.

Upvote 0
I have an Add-in where certain functionality appears on the Add-in tab, in looking at other co-workers with the same Add-in.

How do I see if my security settings are not allowing the Add-in to function properly?

Upvote 0
Try looking in Excel Options -> Trust Centre -> Trust Centre Settings.

Ensure that your add-ins folder is in the 'Trusted Locations' list and all boxes are un-checked in the 'Add-Ins' list. Check also in 'Macro Settings' that you're not disabling without notification (although this won't be a problem if you've added the add-in folder to the trusted locations).

Obviously I'd just offer the disclaimer that those settings are there to protect you and if you turn them off you have to be more aware of the activity of Macros, etc, on your machine :S.

Regards
Adam

Upvote 0
Everything looks good security-wise. I am enabling all macros. I had to add the location of the add-in to the trusted locations, but that ended up not helping. Do you think this is likely a problem with the Add-in and not Excel or my personal settings?

Upvote 0
Impossible to say really. I've reached the limit of my guesswork - can't think of anything else obvious to check :S

Sorry
Adam

Upvote 0
In the Addins section in the options, make sure it is not listed as disabled, and is shown as active.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter Juhnke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back