Addin Order in Registry

dumitrudan608

Hello,

I have this situation at my work place:
-there is an big add-in that is frequently being updated by someone else (uninstalls add-in and re installs it, and creates an excel menu so the users can handle the macros easier)
-i have been asked to create a separate add-in, but with references to the first one (like global formulas and variables)

The problem is when the main macro gets updated, my macro gets moved to the top of the order list in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options the ones with OPEN1 ...

So the normal order is:
OPEN -Main Macro
OPEN1 -My Macro

If the main macro gets updated it will be moved to the bottom of the order list, and my macro that has references to the main macro will give the next error: "This workbook is currently referenced by another workbook and cannot be closed" each time you open Excel,

I am looking for a one click workaround this, a macro that will rebuild the order in the registry. So far the only ruff workaround this is each time the main macro gets updated i uninstall and re install my macro manually but for a non technical user this can be problematic.

I tried to mingle with on workbook open but it cannot override the main macro code, so it will not work.

Really hope someone can help me with this.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mario BR

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back