Adding a new column to end of a named range

gaudrco

Board Regular
I have a named range on sheet Competitor Comparison Data called “CCData”. I would like to add a new column to the end of the table every time I press a button. With each button press, a new column is added to the end of the range and is then included in the named range. The new column should retain the formatting of the previously column entirely. Here is a bit of code that I’ve tried to use but it’s not right.

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

With Sheets("Competitor Comparison Data").Range("CCData)+1 .EntireColumn.Insert
        .Range("CCData)-1 .EntireColumn.Copy
        .Range("CCData).EntireColumn.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats
End With
End Sub

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
And just to clarify, "CCData" is not an actually table, its a range of cells that I defined with Name Manager

Last edited:
Upvote 0
maybe like this
Code:
    With Sheets("Competitor Comparison Data").Range("CCData")
        .Offset(, .Range("CCData").Columns.Count).Resize(, 1).EntireColumn.Insert
        .Offset(, .Range("CCData").Columns.Count - 1).Resize(, 1).EntireColumn.Copy
        .Offset(, .Range("CCData").Columns.Count).Resize(, 1).EntireColumn.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
This did everything except resize the defined range 'CCData'. The reason I need the defined range to include the newcolumns added is because I need each added column to be at the end of the definedrange. With the code you put together, the new columns are always added to thesame column instead of expanding to the right. I think this code is great but just needs onemore piece that says include the new column in the defined range.

Upvote 0
Oops, missed that part
Rich (BB code):
    With Sheets("Competitor Comparison Data").Range("CCData")
        .Offset(, .Range("CCData").Columns.Count).Resize(, 1).EntireColumn.Insert
        .Offset(, .Range("CCData").Columns.Count - 1).Resize(, 1).EntireColumn.Copy
        .Offset(, .Range("CCData").Columns.Count).Resize(, 1).EntireColumn.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats
        .Name.RefersTo = .Name.RefersToRange.Resize(, .Columns.Count + 1)
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Great! And lastly, where do I rename this new column? I want the name to be = "C2" on the active sheet.

Upvote 0
What you're asking would be under Name Manager on the formulas ribbon.

If what you mean is to put a header in the last column of the new "CCData" range then try this immediately before the red line
Code:
        .Offset(, .Range("CCData").Columns.Count).Resize(1, 1).Value = Range("C2").Value

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back