Advanced Formula - If statement + weeks in months - Impossible?

natheplas

Board Regular
Hi,

I've put together this formula.

=IF([@[NOV-17 Finished Goods SO Demand]]>[@[VARIABLE SO Months Average]], ([@[QTY IN STOCK]]+[@[QTY ON ORDER NOV 17]])-[@[NOV-17 Finished Goods SO Demand]], ([@[QTY IN STOCK]]+[@[QTY ON ORDER NOV 17]])-[@[VARIABLE SO Months Average]])

It works, but I need to take it a step further.

Currently the formula looks at two numbers on the same row and which ever one is greater, it will use that number.

The 'VARIABLE SO Months Average' is 3 months of sales order history /3.

This therefore would be overstating the stock quantity if I use this if we are on the last week of the month.

Is it at all possible using a today formula or week, or EO etc, to get the formula above to change the VARIABLE SO Months Average depending on what week we are in of the month.

For example if I opened the spreadsheet up on the 1st of the month it would be the same as the 'VARIABLE SO Months Average' would be for the whole month, 4 weeks worth (= VARIABLE SO Months Average / 4 * 4) and then compare against 'Finished Goods SO Demand'

However, if I opened the spreadsheet up on the 28th of the month, that is the last week of the month, so it would only be 1 weeks worth.
= VARIABLE SO Months Average / 4 * 1

I know what I need to achieve, but I don't know if it's possible to put it in the above formula so the sum changes depending on what week we are in of the month.

If anyone can help with this impossible task it would be a massive help!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
To work out how many weeks from today til the end of month, you can use this:

=(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)-TODAY())/7

Maybe add a roundup if you are after the whole number:

=ROUNDUP((EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)-TODAY())/7,0)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi mrshl9898,

That's great, thank you for the formulas.

So if I use what you've given to me above and go...

=IF([@[NOV-17 Finished Goods SO Demand]]/4*(=ROUNDUP((EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)-TODAY())/7,0))>[@[VARIABLE SO Months Average]], ([@[QTY IN STOCK]]+[@[QTY ON ORDER NOV 17]])-([@[NOV-17 Finished Goods SO Demand]]/4*(=ROUNDUP((EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)-TODAY())/7,0)), ([@[QTY IN STOCK]]+[@[QTY ON ORDER NOV 17]])-[@[VARIABLE SO Months Average]])

I know that's not going to work, but that is what I'm trying to achieve.

Can you help me please put the above formula together so it works?

Not sure how to join what I've done and what you've given me.

Upvote 0
That looks pretty close, try:

=IF([@[NOV-17 Finished Goods SO Demand]]/4*(ROUNDUP((EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)-TODAY())/7,0))>[@[VARIABLE SO Months Average]], ([@[QTY IN STOCK]]+[@[QTY ON ORDER NOV 17]])-([@[NOV-17 Finished Goods SO Demand]]/4*(ROUNDUP((EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)-TODAY())/7,0)), ([@[QTY IN STOCK]]+[@[QTY ON ORDER NOV 17]])-[@[VARIABLE SO Months Average]])

I just removed the "=".

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thank you, that's a lot better than what I just put together. I added a column and * by the relevant cell.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back