An easy one (hopefully) - How do I turn the formula pop up off?

RICH937

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Have no idea what this is actually called, which is probably why I can't find a solution using google. The pop up that has each function hyperlinked that launches when you begin typing a formula is incredibly helpful. However, when I'm trying to select cells or columns in different sheets, this thing often is directly over the cells I need to select. Anyone know how to turn it off? If any devs read these, it would be super cool to simply be able to lock it to the status bar (bottom of screen).

It's the part below the red arrows in the pic.
/R

Attachments

• EXCEL FORMULA HELPER.PNG
    EXCEL FORMULA HELPER.PNG
    4.4 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
You can also just drag it out of the way when you need to. :)

Upvote 0
You can also just drag it out of the way when you need to. :)
That's what I've been doing, but it's a nightmare doing it every time I'm selecting cells for formula resulting in a dynamic array.

Upvote 0
I cross posted to reddit, and a user there figured it out, so am leaving the how for the next guy.
file>options>advanced>display>show function screentips

Upvote 0
Please read the forum rules and follow them in future. ;)

Upvote 0
I cross posted to reddit, and a user there figured it out, so am leaving the how for the next guy.
file>options>advanced>display>show function screentips
Isn't that the same answer you were given in post number 2 in the first link (only difference is the Microsoft office button got renamed to File in later versions)?

Upvote 0
Another thing you can do is edit the cell in the formula bar instead of the cell. Then you will get the Function Argument Tooltips blow the formula bar instead of below the cell.

formula editing.png

Upvote 0
Isn't that the same answer you were given in post number 2 in the first link (only difference is the Microsoft office button got renamed to File in later versions)?
You're right. It was at the bottom of the Excel 2007 section. I didn't read it close enough. I have corrected the check mark. thank you!

Upvote 0
Another thing you can do is edit the cell in the formula bar instead of the cell. Then you will get the Function Argument Tooltips blow the formula bar instead of below the cell.

View attachment 103033
this is actually a really good tip. I never realized using the formula bar locked the screentip locations. Going to take some retraining on my part where I enter formulas, but I may going this route.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back