Applying Phasing to Time Series Budget

Jconafay

Hello all!

I am currently creating a finance dashboard for my government contracting company and have automated the majority of the sheets to disperse a total dollar amount of a contract over a specified time period (in months) evenly and to populate these fields automatically.

The problem is that there is phasing to government contracts or "ramp up" so that the month-by-month spending starts at let's say 25% and slowly ramps up to 100% and eventually 100%+ to make up for the first few months of being below 100% and then back down to 100%.

I need to be able to apply this ramp-up/ramp-down to the time series of evenly distributed dollar amounts in my data, so two part question:

1) How can I design a function to be spread evenly across this time series that will ramp up from some percentage of the overall number to over 100% and then back down and still have the total of the time series come out to be the fixed price of the contract.

2) How can I apply this to my time series (this one is less important as I believe I can figure it out if the above question is answered).

Thank you all so much in advance!

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back