Assistance with SUMIF(S) or COUNTIF(S)

Mikec1012

Hello all. I am scratching my head over this. I am attaching a photo of my issues. I have data that I can figure out how to do a SUMIF based off the category (there are 7) but I want to be able to Change the date in my date cell P2 and have the sum for all 7 categories sum based off the date and category.

Not too familiar with how to post Excel code but these are the 7 categories and I have my data collected over the 7 sheets and all info is on my RESULTS sheet. These 7 categories are the same among 14 employees.

I am using -- =SUMIF(B:B,P3,C:C)
That's allowing me to scan all the employees, find CLEX01 (P3) and add the values in column C. Ideally I want to have a cell where I can change the date and it will shift my search to the correct column based off the date.

I hope this makes sense.

CLEX01

CLEX01 PFM

CLEX02

CLEX04

CLEXTX01

CLEXTX01 PFM

CLEXTX02

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Mike, it's easy to feel like we're being clear when we can see a thing. But the rest of us out here would really need to see what you are seeing in order to make sense of what you've said here. At this point, it's completely cloudy. If you can post sample data, I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelfromGermany

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back