Attendance Roster to Main Roster

DGebert

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I am building a workbook for my organization. What we are doing is creating a digital file that has all of our business meeting attendance for each month of each year. A single sheet will be for 1 year. Take year 2020. It will then have all the names of the members in Column A and the months in row 2. I want to create a master sheet that pulls the names from each sheet (2020, 2019, 2018 etc.) and puts it in a single Master Sheet without duplicating any names from the previous years.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Update your Current excel platform and Version to give you a solution that works on your system.

Also share XL2BB of your sample data and the final output you need to avoid any confusion and repeated efforts.

Upvote 0
Update your Current excel platform and Version to give you a solution that works on your system.

Also share XL2BB of your sample data and the final output you need to avoid any confusion and repeated efforts.
The data below is in individual sheets. The Sheet Name is in Cell A1 for each sheet and named accordingly.

The goal is to pull the names across multiple sheets. This is a sample, we will have a sheet for 1937 to present time moving forward. The months are not a factor in my problem. They will not be moved to the master sheet. I only need the names to come over. I also do not want any duplicates of names such as Kevin A being on all 3 years while David B is only in year 2018. It would also be nice if it auto alphabetized the names in the masterlist.

Thank you hope this helps. Was not able to get XL2BB to work.

1705498195730.png

1705498226274.png

1705498245368.png

1705498283321.png

Upvote 0
I tried my best to find a solution. VSTACK is the answer to your problem but Excel 2012 doesn't have this function.

Still the link is here -

Another solution I could find is here using VBA -

Hope this thread catches eye of someone who is better than me. I shall also learn in process.

Posting XL2BB for any expert who visits this post. At least it gives them a starting point -

Book1
ABCDEF
1MembersMembersJanFeb Mar
2New 1New 1
3New 2New 2
4New 3New 3
5New 4New 4
6New 5New 5
7Old 1
8Old 2MembersJanFeb Mar
9Old 3New 1
10Old 4New 2
11Old 5Old 1
12Old 2
13Old 3
15MembersJanFeb Mar
16Old 1
17Old 2
18Old 3
19Old 4
20Old 5
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C8:F8C8=C1:F1
C15:F15C15=C1:F1
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 0
To be clear, you want to loop through all your worksheets and capture the names in column A and write out the unique names, sorted, in a master list?

Upvote 0
How many rows of data do you have on each sheet?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back