Attendance Tracking for Rolling 12 months

goodkarma4joy

karmarjoy 07:38 AM Today
I'm sure this has been asked but I have to have this done today for a job interview. Yes, on a Saturday. LOL. So, the assignment is a spreadsheet to track sick days taken. Each sick day taken falls off after 12 months. I've got the workbook (by Year and by month) done but I'd like to do one last thing. I want a formula that will remove the day once 12 months have passed. Basically, if today is greater than or equal to the date in a cell then delete the number from a the cell marking the sick day else leave the number in the cell. I have a sort of idea but frankly, until Friday, I had not used Excel for anything but viewing and logging in probably 10 years. Can someone help me out? It would mean the world to me. I really want this job. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
It depends on how you have your data set out. I'm not sure if you're asking for a vba code to delete a row once the date is over a year old or if you want the data to still be able to view the data that was there but just not count it.

Although this may sound a bit harsh I'd like to point out that if they have requested you to do this for a job interview it's likely they will ask more from you in the future so would it really be such a great position for you?

Hopefully this'll nudge you in the right direction. Assuming the data still needs to be viewed and the sickness date has a cell of it's own:

01/09/2016
02/02/2017
05/06/2017
09/10/2017
11/10/2017
4.00 =COUNTIF(A1:A5,">"&TODAY()-365)

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. I see where you went with it and I like it. I can work with that. Also, you aren't being harsh. If I thought they'd want more I wouldn't have even applied. They didn't actually ask for this much detail. I'm an overachiever and just wanted to wow them because I am competing against six other applicants. What I've already finished is all they asked for so I'm good. I just wanted more. Anyway, thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back