Auto Calculate Progress Bar

tmmellor1981

Board Regular
Morning All

I've looked through mr excel and various forums and can find various code relating to progress bars on vba forms but not what I need the workbook to do.

I have a large workbook which takes around 3 mins to auto calculate as a drop down box with date rolls all the figures along by a month and performs about 40,000 calculations. The small auto calculate status at the bottom is small and often missed by other users and was hoping to have something large or more visual to let users know they sheet is calculating. Alternativley I would just be as happy with a msgbox to stay on screen whilst auto calc is being performed so they know something is happening

thanks for the great site i'm sure this is simple enough for one of the guru's in here :)

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
why don't you use Workbook_Open() to stop access and Application.AfterCalculate event to give access, once the calculations are complete. Just a suggestion

Upvote 0
thanks for replies. I don't want to stop what it is currently doing i just need users to be aware auto calc is running (normally you get a small value in bottom left.

njimack i tired all those link and are all for vba forms, the auto calc is being performed automatically in excel it's not something i have coded in so non of these can be used

looks like this isn't possible, is the alternative msgbox on auto calc easier to implement ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back