Autofill from list for vlookup

laxmaster3000

I have created a workbook to keep track of orders from suppliers, I'm currently trying to build on it. I have a list of suppliers on one sheet, I have other sheets representing the a certain week of the month (1,2,3,4).

On another sheet, I'm using vlookup to calculate a summary of the bill totals for each supplier at the end of the month.

The problem is I'm worried if I have a typo on the name of the supplier it won't appear on the calculation, I created a dropdown list but its quite tedious..

Does anyone know a way to autofill (if that's the correct term) the name of the supplier as I type it in the cell?

Previously I had all the suppliers on every worksheet but it creates problems when we switch/add/drop companies

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
anyone know a way to autofill (if that's the correct term) the name of the supplier as I type it in the cell?
Don't think that can be done, but you could use a change_event macro to check the typed entry against a spell-checked list of suppliers to see if its on that list. If not, the entry could be undone and the user asked to re-type a valid supplier name.

If that's of interest, tell us the name of the worksheet and range on that worksheet that holds the "spelling-approved" list of suppliers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxkapoor

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back