Autofilter Multiple Workbooks by Date

mrmagoo321

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but I have some good experience with excel.

I am working on a project that tracks data by date on various different worksheets (10 different sheets)

The final worksheet is used as a SUMMARY. Currently it is used to input any date and tally how many events took place that day. However, once this date is set, all of the other worksheets must be filtered manually to give an accurate summary.

I was wondering if there was a script or macro that could be used to filter all of the worksheets by date when a new date is set in the SUMMARY worksheet.

Please let me know if this question has already been answered in this forum, else any help would be appreciated.

Feel free to MSG me if you need some more specifics.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
'MANY SHEETS TO ONE SHEET
I have a macro that may be "almost ready to use" for merging data from multiple sheets into a "consolidation" sheet.

The highlighted section in the middle is where you would customize it to apply your autofilter right before you copy into the consolidation summary sheet.

========
For more specific assistance customizing the macro above, turn on the macro recorder and let it record you selecting your Summary sheet, entering the date in the correct column, then switching to one of your other sheets and applying the date filter.

Post the resulting code and I will tweak it into the customization section of the macro.

Upvote 0
thanks for your response.

I should have stated that the worksheets carry different information and are not formatted the same. (date column is different in most worksheets). The summary sheet has a field that tracks daily and continuous stats of each individual worksheet.

I think the record macro will help I will try that first thing tomorrow and post the results.

thanks again.

Upvote 0
The sheet referenced above has as second macro on it aimed at collecting data from worksheets in differing, but similar, formats. Check out PART two.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back