Automated email using DATE

DWensel

So my GySgt put myself and a friend in charge of making an excel program that will automatically Email 5 people with either the whole document, a link to the doc, or just an email using the cells to inform them on what needs to be checked. And I don't even know where to start.

Ill try explain as much as possible. There will be a spreadsheet with everyone's name going down in column A, and then in the row next to the name it'll have a date of when they were put on it. It'll then have another date of the time they need to have done certain things, like see the doctor or get a class done, so when the current date reaches the date in the column the cell that is the same date will turn red, and the document will be mailed to 5 of the higher ups to inform them they need to check on this Marine to see if he has accomplished whatever task has expired.

Ive been trying to research a lot of this on my own, but ran into problem where the current outlook version does not suppose the command DATE within an excel, so I need to make a database using multiple excel sheets using Visual Basic(or so I'm told now). I was just wondering if anyone who actually has a clue would knowif it's possible to do what was asked or if the database the only option at this point. Any help would be appreciated, even if its telling me bad news. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back