Automated Linking

SeanDuSart

I need help to create a quote spreadsheet. I have a service column, a price list and would like to link them with the price automatically updating based on the selection. How can i do this in Excel 2010 , i sm not good with VBA but can work with forms and ranges. Any advice is welcome.
Column A Has Consultant type, Column B has Service , Column C has pricing so if i can select multiple services then the correct consultant type is slected and the price is reflected.

Regards
Sean

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
This sounds like something that can be done with vlookup formulas, but without knowing more about/seeing the data it's hard to be sure. Either post back with more info about the data you have, how its set up and what you want to do with it, or poke around on google for vlookup help. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
This sounds like something that can be done with vlookup formulas, but without knowing more about/seeing the data it's hard to be sure. Either post back with more info about the data you have, how its set up and what you want to do with it, or poke around on google for vlookup help. Hope this helps.

Thank you , my dilema is based on the Scenario below
ConsultantRateService offered
A100Level 1
B200Level 2
C300Level 3

<tbody>
</tbody>

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

In the table above
Option 1
If I need Service 3,then I would like to calculate the cost based on the Consultant C. List the Consultant C with the service and price
Option 2
If i need Service 1,3 then add the consultants at the relevant rate
Considering Service 1,2,3 Can be done by Consultant C , Consultant B can do Service 1, 2 and Consultant A only Service 1.
I am trying to create a quote spreadsheet , that if the Service offered is selected then the rate is calculated.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
To do a vlookup like I think you would need, you need to put the service column in the far left. Assuming the data you posted starts in A1 and has the service column moved to the far left a vlookup like:

=vlookup(a2,a1:c4,2,false)

would pull "A" and changing the above 2 to a 3 would pull "100". I think this is along the lines of what you are wanting. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parik11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back