B1313

I have 6 worksheets:
  1. Aug (2015)
  2. Sept (2015)
  3. Oct (2015)
  4. Nov (2015)
  5. Dec (2015)
  6. Jan (2016)

Each is formatted EXACTLY the same. The data contains individuals and their specific performance information for the respective period. There may be someone who appears on 1 or more sheets and their maybe a person who appears on less than all of them.

I need to make another sheet with all the individuals (unique, they need to be represented at least once but never more than once) in a single column and then their specific month data points across columns. A summary of the previous 6 sheets.

My solution: Combine all names into 1 massive list then create another list with only unique names (ie removing duplicates). The problem is the formula to do so is GIGANTIC and EXTREMELY resource intensive, to the point I can't run it on anyone else's PC other than my own custom PC.

Question: Is there a way to achieve my goal in a more efficient manner? VBA is not a problem, though I am not profusely versed in Excel's native version of VB. Is there a more efficient formula?

My current formula:

Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT($B$6, TRUE), ROWS(B$13:$B14)), IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT($B$7, TRUE), ROWS(B$13:$B14) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$6, TRUE))), IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT($B$8, TRUE), ROWS(B$13:$B14) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$6, TRUE)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$7))), IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT($B$9, TRUE), ROWS(B$13:$B14) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$6, TRUE)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$7)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$8))), IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT($B$10, TRUE), ROWS(B$13:$B14) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$6, TRUE)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$7)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$8)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$9, TRUE))), IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT($B$11, TRUE), ROWS(B$13:$B14) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$6, TRUE)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$7)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$8)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$9, TRUE)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$10, TRUE))),IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT($B$12, TRUE), ROWS(B$13:$B14) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$6, TRUE)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$7)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$8)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$9, TRUE)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$10, TRUE)) - ROWS(INDIRECT($B$11, TRUE))),"")))))))
-- Array Formula to make combined list.

Code:
=INDEX(TotalNameListRange, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($D$16:D16, TotalNameListRange), 0))
-- Array formula to disseminate unique data from the total combined name list.

$B$6:$B$12 contain the worksheets in the following format ("'Aug (2015)'$C$17:$C$203") These helper cells calculate the range of the names in each sheet so I do not have to use $C$17:$C$9999 to account for the fluctuation in the data. They are ADDRESS formulas.

All Names start in the $C$17 cell and proceed down. There are NO blanks in between names (ie C17 = "John Doe", C18 = "Sally Sample", etc).

NOTE: The data will change weekly (hourly in real time, but I will only consolidate weekly). So doing this manually is NOT an option. Also, the tabs will change monthly (ie Add preceding month and drop the preceding 6th month).

Any and all advice is welcome. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

NOTE 2: Once I have the unique names in a single column, I planned on just doing INDEX-MATCH on each individual to pull the data for that individual for each respective month. This, in theory, should work perfectly. Let me know if this should be scrapped in favor of a better solution, VBA maybe?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back