Automatically copy certain cells from rows from one Worksheet into another Worksheet in the same Workbook if a condition is met in certain cell

Serenutty

Hi,
I'm new here. I used to do a little of vba in excel a few years back but I find myself a bit rusty now. I've been given a task that I'm finding a bit difficult and hope you can help.

I have a Workbook with several Worksheets (3 Worksheets)

Worksheet1 will be just for entering data in cells, some from drop down menus and some manually typed like for cells with name and surname, role country, location...

Worksheet2 will be just for pasting values of cells A:H from Worksheet1 that meet certain condition in column L of Worksheet1 and manually enter more data.

Worksheet 3 consists of Legend for Worksheet1.

The condition is in Worksheet1 cell L and only if “Exit from” has been chosen from the dropdown menu. The text in the cell is longer so maybe using SearchForString()? or just writing the whole text

My aim is to automatically copy cells A:H from Worksheet1 into Worksheet2 using as trigger the selection on dropdown menu in cell L Worksheet1 without skipping rows

Is this possible? I’ve only managed to copy an entire cell and the process is not automatic but I hope some of you will be able to master this problem.

I’m happy to attach a sample workbook if that makes it easier but I couldn't see how to attach anything here

Thank you for your help.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
You can't attach a file in this forum. Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com. or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells and worksheets.

Upvote 0
My dropbox is full and won't even let me delete anything unless I upgrade. box is not free. Any other site that it's free? Please

Upvote 0
Mumps, Thanks for your help but I have managed to make it work by copying modules from here and there. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back