Autoscaling (with fixed range) the x-axis of a line chart?

excelswimmer

Hi I'm a bit confused on this one...

In Excel 2007, I am using a trendline on a "Line with Markers" chart. I have Date on the X-axis and Weight on the Y-axis.

I'd like to do a 1-year projection from the last date where there's a Weight value plotted on the chart.

For example, if I have several Weight values beginning from 6/1/16 up to the Weight value for today (9/2/16) plotted on the line chart, I want the chart's maximum x-axis value to be 9/2/17. (1 year later) The trendline goes all the way from 6/1/16 to 9/2/17.

Then when I input a new weight value a week from now (9/9/16), the chart's maximum x-axis value now becomes 9/9/17. The trendline now goes all the way from 6/1/16 to 9/9/17.

So there's always a 1 year projection ahead of the last Weight value on the chart.

In Excel 2007, I only see under Axis Options (for the horizontal axis) that 'Maximum' can be set as Auto or Fixed. Auto will automatically update the maximum date but doesn't allow setting a fixed range ahead of either first or last plotted date, and Fixed requires a fixed date (not range). Is there a way to set the x-axis range from a plotted date, in the manner I just described? (without resorting to VBA, thanks)

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ekrause77

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back