Averages across multiple sheets excluding zeros

Shagrath

I am trying to calculate productivity across multiple therapists, each having their own sheet with their individual productivity being calculated as such:
=IF(G61>0,G59/4/G61*100,0)
This gives me their productivity for the day assuming their hours worked (G61) is greater than 0. This is calculated for the week as well.
So each therapist has this formula, but i need to calculate the total discipline productivity, excluding therapists in the average when they are absent.

I tried this:
=SUM(JULIE!G62,MEGAN!G62,ASHLEY!G62,CATHY!G62,'PT PRN'!G62)/COUNTIF(JULIE!G62,MEGAN!G62,ASHLEY!G62,CATHY!G62,'PT PRN'!G62,">0")
which obviously is not working

I also tried:
=AVERAGEIF(JULIE!G62,MEGAN!G62,ASHLEY!G62,CATHY!G62,'PT PRN'!G62,">0")
BUT, Excel seems to not allow the AVERAGEIF function to work across multiple sheets.

So here i am, seeking a formula that will give me the discipline average productivity, not including 0. The issue im having is that if a staff is off, say we do not use a PRN for the whole week, that productivity is 0. This is fine, but when the average is calculated, i need it to NOT include them, so instead of dividing by 5, it would only divide by 4, since that staff was off they need not be included. When its dividing by 5, when someone is off, its not giving the accurate productivity and i am at a loss.

Sorry, i have been teaching myself how to use excel, and i definitely do not get paid to do this sort of work, but its something the director of rehabilitative services has been needing and it seems im the only one with any computer sense at this point.

Any help would be amazing, i cant seem to figure it out on my own.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Let A1:A5 house the relevant names JULIE, MEGAN, ASHLEY, CATHY, and PT RN.

Now invoke:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!G62"),">0"))/SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!G62"),">0"))

Upvote 0
Also, continuing from post #2 ...

=SUMPRODUCT(N(INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!G62")))/INDEX(FREQUENCY(N(INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!G62")),{0}),2)

which is probably faster (and nicer, imho).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back