Bar Chart where target is a central line and bars appear above and below

olimajor123

Board Regular
Hi,

I think this is probably a very easy question but have had a look around the charts and can't find the one I am looking for.

I am wanting to create a simple bar chart showing % profit for different jobs but instead of starting at 0% I want the X axis to link to the Y axis at the target profit (say 10%) so that bars for items below the target appear below and items above the target have bars going upwards above it.

Can't someone point me in the direction of the right chart please.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
You could try changing your data series, or add another column that shows profit minus target profit.

So, if target is 100% and one row was a profit of 80%, the new series will show -20%, and another row has 110% profit, the new series will show +10%. A simple column chart will now showin the style you're after.

HTH, e

EDIT: Ignore that! If you right click on the vertical axis and to to format axis>Axis options>Horizontal axis crosses and tick 'axis value' you can enter the target profit value and it will show the chart as you want without the need to modify or add the data series!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back