Baskeball Lineup - Aggregate minutes

uwfenske

Hopefully I can explain this well enough for someone to help me. I track stats for a basketball team, and am looking to sum up the total minutes every particular lineup of players is on the court.
This data would be on a new worksheet as since we have 12 players on the team, if I calculate it correctly there would be possible of 792 lineup combinations. There is an individual sheet for each game (23 total games/sheets), so the data would be pulling from multiple sheets.

The way the lineups and minutes are laid out as such on the game sheets. Each time a player subs into the game, a new row is created.

Player #Player #Player #Player #Player #Minutes
sub13123133453:00
sub23153133454:30
sub3
3154220452:07
sub4
3333112451:02

<tbody>
</tbody>

Above would be in one game and that lineup would have played together for a total of 4 minutes and 2 seconds. So for the aggregate sheet, I would want to see the total minutes that the line up of 3, 12, 31, 33, 45 played together for the entire season. Where I am really struggling is how to do this is like above where row sub1 is 3,12, 31,33, 45, but row sub4 is in a different order of 3,33,31,12,45. That is still the same lineup, so I would need those values to be added together, not two separate lineups.

We also calculate Plus/Minus stats for when each lineup is on the court whether they scored + or - points compared to the other team during that time frame. I really want this sheet to use which lineups are our best scoring lineups over the course of the season. Once this lineups / minutes part is figured out, I can use the same formula to bring in the other stats I need.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Hey all,

Does this seem not possible, or maybe I didn't explain it well enough. Any feedback would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
The complexity of the problem may be beyond what can reasonably be expected from free help, especially since it appears that you might be looking to have someone create this for you (instead of doing it yourself).
If that is the case, I would recommend that you look at enlisting consulting services. We have a few recommendations of services you can see here: https://www.mrexcel.com/consulting-services/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back