Borders Macro

SamanthaP

Hi all

I'm trying to create a booking sheet that my colleagues and I can use to keep track of our desk allocations to clients; I'm fine with simple macro recording to fill colour, add a border and centre the text etc. (will be a shared workbook so using Alignment > Centre across selection rather than Merge Cells) but if a booking needs to be deleted, I want the borders to go back to how I have already set them up. T

he problem is that Desk 1 and Desk 14 have different borders from the other desks and if I try to format another row and hide it so that the macro can use the borders to format paint the selection using the hidden row, it messes up if the booking is made on a half hour because I have a solid border going down on the hour and a broken border going down the half hour.. I can't reset the whole row as we often have more than one booking a day on a desk and I only want to delete and reset the selection... any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

I'd upload a document or screenshot but am a newbie so not sure how to do it :/

Am on Excel 2010.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Howard - this is brilliant!

thank you so much! :)

My colleagues have had a look too and they're all very excited to start using this in place of our current crappy system that times out on us all the time!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Samantha :D

Upvote 0
Thank you for the kind words while at the same time I found a small glitch in the coding in 2.0.

You will notice if Charlie adds comments he will get a different set of user form displays than the rest of the bookers.

This version 2.1 has that corrected and should be the one to use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf02mhdeu7r1kl5/DeskBookings_2.1 Drop Box.xlsm

Also, please know that the majority of the code is from Claus, a very dominant contributor in the MS Public Excel Groups.
He often gives me gems and I "do the assembly" to the best of my know how.

This seems to have worked out nicely for your bookings project.

Regards,
Howard

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parik11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back