Bug: Other sheets bleeding through when running macro, processor remains active at full power

fjanse

Dear all,

At our company we have a problem with several of our (very different) models. When running a macro (or inserting rows) other sheets are partially bleeding through, meaning you can see a part of another sheet that is not selected at that moment. See example below:

-- removed inline image ---

Example.png

Once this has happened the Excel process remain active at full capacity (1 core) even if Excel is only open in the background and not being used.

It only occurs with Excel 2013 (not with 2010). We use the 32-bit version and it has been tested on several (different brand) PCs, both Windows 8.1 and 10.

I couldn't find any other posts with this problem (even though it occurs a lot within the company). I have already tried repairing office, cleaning the model, removing conditional formatting, but I have not been able to identify the underlying problem. Is anyone familiar with this problem or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for your help! Frank

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Welcome to the Forum!

I have encountered code where the screen display (or not) in Excel 2013 behaves differently to 2010, even when the annoying Excel 2013 animation is turned off, and where a code tweak might be required to make Excel 2013 display the same way.

In general terms, your question implies that you are using .Activate and/or .Select to move between sheets and ranges? This is rarely necessary, and your code would benefit by referencing sheets and ranges directly.

Also, do you turn off ScreenUpdating whilst your macros are runnng?

Are you able to post some sample code so we can try to replicate the problem?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamil ahmed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back