Calculating a weighted average with non-consecutive cells

kmahon

Hi there,

(First time poster!)

I'm working on a pretty large file. I want to calculate a weighted average on the left hand side of my excel spreadsheet. I have several tables (15 to be exact) and each table has 10ish columns. I want to calculate a weighted average using just 2 columns from each of the 15 tables.

I have a QTY column and a % Column. I also inserted a "TOTAL QTY" column in the very left hand side, totaling my QTYs (this worked fine). So, I had tried to do this manually and take the following general formula: ((QTY/Total QTY)*%)+ ((QTY/Total QTY)&%), etc for each of my 15 sets of numbers. This is given in the copy/paste of formula below.

=(((Table25[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table25[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table26[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table26[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table27[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table27[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table28[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table28[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table29[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table29[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table30[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table30[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table31[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table31[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table32[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table32[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table33[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table33[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table34[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table34[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table35[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table35[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table36[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table36[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table37[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table37[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table38[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table38[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table39[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table39[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]])+((Table40[@[Total Quantity Sold]]/[@[Total Quantity Sold]])*Table40[@[Profit Dollars v. Baseline]]))

It looks more complicated then it is! I promise :)

But, I get a #Value! error. I think this is because some tables are blank. This isn't something where I can manually calculate it because I have 15k rows it needs to be done for.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Kendall

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back