Can images in one worksheet be referenced (and displayed) in another?

stefanaalten

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have two worksheets:
- a "Titles" worksheet with 1500 films (title, director, year, etc.), one per row.
- a "Directory" worksheet which shows the same information but in a different layout, each film on a "index card layout", more suitable for printing. The card layout has space for a small image (to display a thumbnail of the movie poster or something).

The Directory worksheet updates automatically when films are updated/inserted/deleted from the Titles worksheet, in other words the Directory worksheet only contains cell references to the Titles worksheet, no actual data of its own.

I want to keep the "Titles" worksheet as the information master.

How can I include an image for a film i.e. a row in the Titles worksheet and then reference (i.e. display) that image in the corresponding entry in the Directory worksheet?

If I "insert picture" in a given cell on the Titles worksheet it is positioned correctly on the row, but the cell itself appears to be "empty" (apart from the image "floating above it"), and I don't know how on the Directory worksheet I would insert a function that says "display the same image here as in cell X on the Titles worksheet".

I'm conscious that inserting many small images will increase the file size, but am keen to keep the file "self-contained".

Many thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
You can check this video which has both <acronym title="visual basic for applications" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">vba</acronym> & non-<acronym title="visual basic for applications" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">vba</acronym> solutions
Mr Excel & excelisfun Trick 42: Lookup Picture In Excel Formula or VBA? - YouTube

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back